Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi has unveiled its latest custom UI — MIUI 12 — in China, where the company also launched the Mi 10 Youth Edition smartphone.
According to a report by GizmoChina, the latest MIUI 12 will start rolling out today to select users via OTA. Xiaomi has also announced the list of devices that are set to receive the update for MIUI 12, which as per the report will happen in three waves. The following handsets are set to receive the update in China in this order and it is possible that the order is different for global models:
First batch (June, 2020)
- Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Youth Edition
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 Transparent Edition, Mi 9
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom, K30 Pro, K30 5G, K30
- Redmi K20 Pro Premium, K20 Pro, K20
Second batch (TBD)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3, Mi Mix 2s
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro, Mi CC9, Mi CC9 Meitu Edition, Mi 9 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 8 UD, Mi 8 Transparent Edition, Mi 8
- Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Note 7
Third batch (TBD)
- Xiaomi Mi CC9E
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- XiaomiMi 8 Lite, Mi 8 SE
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A
- Redmi 7, Redmi 7A
- Redmi 6 Pro, Redmi 6, Redmi 6A
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi S2
- Key UI- After the new update you will see the settings interfered. The background will blur in real time during the time the apps are closed. Apart from this, many types of tags will also be found for app closing.
- Dark Mode 2.0- Xiaomi has already released System Wide Dark Mode, but now Dark 2.0 has been released with MIUI 12. Dark has been readable in the new update. In this, the font size and contrast will be adjusted automatically.
- Global Free Window- With MIUI 12 you will be able to reply to messages and WhatsApp even in small windows. You will get the benefit of this during calling and gaming. This feature will work with all the apps present in the phone.
- Mi Health- The Mi Health app was first seen in MIUI’s developer beta ROM last year, but now the company has officially released it with MIUI 12. The Mi Health app in the phone will track the steps, sleep and exercises of the users.
- Privacy- In the new update, many changes have also been made regarding privacy. Like Apple and Oppo’s phones, you will be able to create a virtual ID in Xiaomi’s phone as well. Apart from this, many types of controls have been given to the users regarding data sharing with the app.