The average worker spends 30% of their workweek reading and responding to and sending emails. If you’re anything like the average worker, you spend over 10 hours a week looking at your email inbox.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the best Gmail add-ons and Gmail extensions that can help you reach this goal.
Ready? Let’s get
What Is A Gmail Extension?
A Gmail extension is a Google Chrome extension that directly impacts the layout/function of your Gmail dashboard/account. You can find many of the available extensions in the Chrome web store as you just saw.
What Are Gmail Add-Ons?
Gmail add-ons are similar to extensions in that they are created to extend the functionality of Gmail. The difference between an extension and an add-on is that the add-on is installed into your G Suite app, not the browser.
Remember: add-ons can be found in the G Suite Marketplace
10 Best Gmail Add-Ons and Extensions to Boost Your Productivity
our favorite Google add-ons and extensions that we’re a fan of.
Gmelius is the Gmail extension equivalent of a swiss army knife. It can do everything that any other extension can do, at least as well. One concern some people might have is that to use it as a full-fledged project management and collaboration tool, you need a paid subscription. A plus subscription costs $9/month, but you can try a free trial.
- Email templates.
- Email tracking.
- Email automation and processes.
- Shared inbox.
- Startups and teams that need to work fast and collaborate remotely.
- Freelancers who do a lot of work with email.
- Salespeople who rely on cold emailing.
Right Inbox for Gmail
Right Inbox for Gmail allows you to set reminders and tasks from within your inbox. You can also schedule emails to be sent at a later time or even create automatic follow-ups. It also allows you to create, save, and paste in a variety of different signatures.
Free for up to 10 emails per month. Beyond that, a subscription for unlimited emails costs $7.95/month.
- Set reminders to reply to emails at certain times.
- Schedule emails to be sent at a later time.
- Create automatic follow-ups.
- Save and paste a multitude of signatures
- Professionals who heavily rely on email for communication.
Zoom for Gmail
Zoom for Gmail is an add-on that lets you start zoom meetings from within the Gmail interface. You can also check the upcoming schedule of calls, meetings, webinars, and conferences from your inbox. It requires a Zoom account to work.
- High quality, reliable video conferencing inside Gmail.
- Check your schedule for upcoming Zoom calls.
- Instantly video call your coworkers from your inbox.
- People that prefer to collaborate over video calls rather than text-based emails.
- Staff members that need to keep track of Zoom webinars and meetings.
DocuSign for Gmail
Do you work in consulting, marketing, law, or any other industry where you are continually sending out documents to get signed?
Are you tired of people taking their sweet time to print out, sign, and scan your documents manually? DocuSign for Gmail allows you to send signable documents straight from your inbox.
You can also choose multiple templates and send reminders. Please note, you need a DocuSign account to use this extension, and plans start at $10/month.
- Send signable documents to your clients from within Gmail.
- Access document templates from within Chrome.
- The signatures are unique and legally binding.
- All data is safely encrypted on their servers.
- Send reminders without leaving your inbox.
- Those employed in consulting or legal professions.
- People who deal with contracts (like freelance developers) or other legal documents multiple times daily.
Mailtrack for Gmail
Have you ever wondered what happened to an email after you sent it? Mailtrack for Gmail uses a Gmail compatible tracking script that will show you if it was opened or not. It is beneficial for those who work in customer or prospect-facing positions.
This Gmail extension gives you notifications in real-time and you can even see a breakdown of all activity in a custom dashboard. The extension is 100% free and unlimited.
- Track whether or not your email was opened.
- Get live notifications whenever someone opens your email.
- See a breakdown of recent activity on the mails you track.
- Salespeople who work mainly with email.
- SEOs and B2B marketers.
- Account Managers.
- Customer Success Agents.
Smartsheet for Gmail
If your business uses Smartsheet, this add-on will help you get work done from within your inbox. The Smartsheet for Gmail add-on lets you search and create rows without leaving Gmail.
- Search Smartsheet rows when writing emails.
- Create new rows with tasks/todos/insights after reading mail.
- Smartsheet users.
Evernote for Gmail
Do you already use and love Evernote? If you didn’t already know about their Gmail add-on, you are about to get a lot more productive.
With it, you can easily save entire email conversations, or single emails, with just a few clicks. Unfortunately there is no drag-and-drop functionality here, as with the desktop app. You need an Evernote account to use this add-on.
Free accounts include most of the utility you could ever wish for in a content saving system.
- Save full or partial emails to your Evernote account.
- Update to-do lists from within the dashboard.
- Evernote users.
- Salespeople, marketers, or creatives that get a lot of valuable information/feedback through email.
Trello for Gmail
Trello for Gmail is a simple Gmail add-on that focuses on one thing: letting you quickly create new cards to your board without leaving your inbox. You can assign it to different boards/lists, and set due dates.
To use this add-on, you need to be a Trello user. There is a free plan that is suitable for small businesses.
- Create new cards from inside your Gmail inbox.
- Cards are complete with due dates, lists, and descriptions.
- Automatically adds email content to card descriptions.
- Power users of Trello.
Grammarly for Chrome will help you correct your grammar and spelling errors in real-time in Gmail. It will also suggest improvements that aren’t based on strict grammatical rules. You can use it with a free Grammarly account.
- Corrects your grammar and spelling errors.
- Suggests ways to improve your sentences.
- Anyone who writes emails.
Wrike for Gmail
Similar to the two Gmail add-ons above, except this time, it’s for Wrike users. More than just allowing you to create new tasks, this add-on syncs with Wrike entirely. So you can see tasks related to emails in your inbox, see profile images from Wrike, and more.
You need to be a Wrike user to use this add-on. There is a basic free plan for up to 5 users, but professional licenses start at $9.80/month.
- Create tasks from within the inbox.
- Tasks automatically include email contents in description.
- View tasks related to particular emails.
- Track and report on work coming from emails.
- Wrike users.