CLOUD STORAGE is a way of storing data online instead of your local computer. It requires an internet connection in order to upload, modify, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, audio, video, etc. with others. Online storage service providers don’t store any data on the hard disk of your PC. Cloud storage tools help you to access your data from any device.
Following is a handpicked list of top cloud storage tools, with popular features and latest download links.
Mega is an online cloud storage and file hosting service provided by Mega Limited. Mega is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platform.
- It offers 50 GB free storage space.
- It uses keys to encrypt files and chats.
- Mega allows you to sync files and folders.
- Upload or download 1 GB data every 6 hours
2) Google Drive
Google Drive is a free online data storage service provided by Google. The service syncs stored files, photos, and more across all the user’s PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. It offers 15 GB of free space.
- You can build Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- It provides real time synchronization.
- You can create forms that help you to run a survey.
- The tool can be used for macOS.
- Integrates with thousands of external apps like a mind map, Gantt chart, diagram tools, etc.
- It allows to store documents up to 1.02 million characters, spreadsheets up to 5 million cells, presentation up to 100 MB, and Google Sites up to 2000,000 characters per page.
Box is a cloud file management and sharing service. This tool is available for Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms.
- You can use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to quickly search the file you want.
- Edit like a local file and Box will save it to the cloud.
- Allows you to invite the team to make changes and upload files.
- Enable admin to add external users to collaborate content and control the version.
Dropbox is a file hosting service providing personal cloud, file synchronization, cloud storage, and client software. It is designed to collaborate your projects whether you are working alone or in a team.
- It offers you to safely sync data across all devices.
- Your file size should be 50 GB or smaller
- Service is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
pCloud is secure and simple to use cloud storage for your documents. This tool allows you to share and collaborate files with your employee, friends, and relatives.
- It helps you to keep your private files confidential with the highest level of encryption.
- Allows to backup your valuable memories to pCloud by just clicking a click of a button.
- It helps you to filter your files according to their file format.
- It stores versions on your files for a specific period, which helps you to search archive files.